Buccleuch Chase, St Boswells

Dating from 1836, the Buccleuch Hunt Kennels at St Boswells became surplus to requirements when foxhunting was banned in Scotland, the remaining hounds being moved to Greenwells near Eildon Hall.

Following negotiations with Historic Scotland, Camerons successfully obtained consent for careful conversion of the B-listed listed former kennels and stables into 12 attractive modern homes, which also form the gateway to a further 29 detached homes in a traditional style. The white walls and slate roofs adopted throughout the new-build development unify the mix of one and a half storey cottages and 2 storey villas, while complementing the pink stone and white woodwork of the converted buildings.

This development has proved highly successful, the properties commanding consistently strong values within the maturing landscape setting.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy