Tweed Horizons, Newtown St Boswells

Conversion and refurbishment of the former St Columba’s College, a seminary built by the White Fathers in 1936, to form a high quality contemporary business centre and conference facility for Scottish Borders Enterprise, aimed at sustainable research and technology and including a trial CHP unit.

The building has a wide hierarchy of spaces ranging from individual business units to flexible conference and meeting facilities, the former chapel being converted into an auditorium with full AV facilities.

The design objective was to maintain a spirit of sanctuary while introducing contemporary materials and technology to define the new spaces, with many original features being retained or accentuated.

Total project value £2m. Award for architectural merit received from Scottish Borders Council.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy