Kelso North Parish Church

Built in 1865-67 and listed grade A, an important example of the work of architect Frederick Pilkington.

The discovery of loose external masonry prompted a structural survey that led to a restoration programme including major roof strengthening works, repairs to rafter ends due to dry rot, stonework repairs to the main tower and spire, repairs and indentations to freestone dressings, repairs to leaded windows, re-slating and renewal of roof leadwork.

Strengthening of the roof was required to arrest long-term movement in walls resulting from internal alterations carried out in the early 19th century.

Further works included re-design of the chancel area, re-wiring, new heating and lighting, and alterations to provide new toilets.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy