Morebattle Parish Church

Listed grade B, the church at Morebattle was founded in the 12th century and rebuilt in 1544, but the present structure dates mostly from 1757, with extensions added in 1899 and 1903.

Following inspection it was found that the bellcote was in dangerous condition. This was carefully taken down and replaced in new stonework to match the original, including renewal of the bell mechanism.

Other necessary repair and restoration works identified and carried out at the same time included repointing of stonework, renewal and rebedding of skew stones, re-bedding of ridge tiles, renewal of roof leadwork, repairs to slates and roof vents, and renewal of cast iron rainwater goods.

The project received generous grant support from Historic Scotland.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy