Yetholm Parish Church

This distinctive B-listed squared whinstone church and local landmark dates from 1835.

A phased programme of repairs and restoration has included stabilisation of delaminated stonework through development of an innovative system of ventilated ties, repairs to coping stones, high level re-pointing, complete re-slating and renewal of roof leadwork and rainwater goods, replacement of bell chamber louvres, repairs and regilding to clock face, and repair and restoration of stained glass windows.

Further planned improvements include new kitchen, toilets, storage and meeting facilities, and removal of pews, as part of the church’s vision to create a visitor friendly and community orientated facility.

Total value £422,000 to date, with grant support from Historic Scotland, Heritage Lottery Fund and others.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy