Kelso Old Parish Church

This A-listed church was built in 1771-1773 to replace the former Abbey Church dating from 1563.

Through an extensive programme of fabric repairs and restoration over a number of years much of the stonework has been repaired, indented and repointed, the roof entirely re-slated in Scotch slate, and all leadwork renewed.

An important aspect of the restoration was a major roof strengthening scheme, involving introduction of an innovative steel frame within the roof void to arrest long term distortion of the roof structure due to the removal of stone support columns during alterations to the church in 1823, and to relieve the consequent outward pressure on the external walls.

Project value circa £500,000 over several phases.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy