Melrose Parish Church

Listed grade B. The previous church on this site built in 1808-10 was destroyed by fire but reconstructed in 1910-11, to incorporate the fine original bell tower.

Comprehensive fabric repairs and internal improvements carried out over several phases have included: spire and external stonework re-pointing; comprehensive renewal of roof leadwork; insertion of a full-height internal glazed screen in sympathetic style to enclose a new chapel area; alterations to form a new meeting room, office, kitchen and toilets; hall improvements; and complete re-decoration and lighting renewal in the main church.

Significant grant funding has been received from Historic Scotland, Heritage Lottery Fund, Landfill Tax Credit Scheme and various other trust funds.

Project value to date circa £650,000.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy