St Andrew's Church, Moffat

Built in 1885-87 and listed grade A, this is the largest parish church in South West Scotland, its red stone tower dominating the southern approach to the town.

The project involved major roof strengthening and stabilisation works, extensive external stonework repairs and re-pointing, leadwork renewal and re-slating, leaded window repairs, and repairs to clock face, along with associated upgrading of internal accommodation. 

Initial survey and analysis revealed that major structural cracking and settlement was due to a gradual and ongoing spreading of the roof structure, and the structural repairs have successfully prevented the eventual collapse of the roof and walls.

Project value £485,000, supported by grants from Historic Scotland and The Heritage Lottery Fund.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy