Kelso Town House

Dating from 1816, this imposing A-listed building and former town hall dominates the historic town square in Kelso.  The former arcading was infilled in 1904-6, when the interior was remodelled in fine Edwardian Baroque style.   More recently, the external fabric had deteriorated significantly, while the interior had been altered in basic fashion to form council offices.

Major external stonework restoration included replacement of decayed stone, renewal of carved details, and re-building of the pedimented frontage, along with extensive renewal of roof leadwork.  Internal works involved removal of modern partitions, carefully researched restoration of ornate plasterwork and woodwork, and sympathetic insertion of modern reception facilities, all earning the project a conservation award from Scottish Borders Council.

Project value circa £500k over a number of phases.


Copyright ©2017 Camerons Architects  All Rights Reserved  Privacy Policy